I have a deep love for anything that I can cook with little effort in the crock pot. I love it even more when it has few ingredients. This sticky sweet meal is quick with minimal effort. Here’s what you will need.
- Pork Ribs- 2-3 lbs depending on how many you are trying to feed. I did a 1 lb per person rule for this recipe
- 1 onion- sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bottle Stubbs Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 of a cup apple juice (I opted for the light to decrease the sugar, there’s already a lot with the brown sugar!)
- 2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crock Pot Liners- I highly recommend these for this recipe. The ribs are cooked in two parts and you would have to clean the crock pot in between if a liner isn’t used. It will make it worlds easier and easier is what we love!
Start by slicing your onion and lining the bottom of the crock pot. Add in the garlic.
Add the ribs and brown sugar. Toss the ribs around so the brown sugar really coats all the ribs. Pour the apple juice over the top. Cook for 4 hours on high.
After 4 hours the ribs will look like they do below. Not exactly what you were imagining but we haven’t gotten to the best part! Remove the ribs and remove the liner (or drain the crock pot if you did not use a liner). Add the ribs back in with the ENTIRE bottle of BBQ sauce and brown sugar. Make sure to toss the ribs around so they are good and coated. Cover and cook on high for anther 30 min.
After 30 minutes remove, serve and ENJOY!